*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891151-Aug-30th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#891151 added August 30, 2016 at 4:59pm
Restrictions: None
Aug 30th
Howdy All!

For one last time, the prompts will be in blue and I'll write in red in honor of England's red, white, and blue flag. *Smile*

Aug 30th

Your last day in London...you have a red eye flight this evening home.

With 2016 marking 400 years since Shakespeare’s death, there’s no time like the present to revisit all of the theater favorites or follow in the footsteps of the iconic playwright. From standing on Juliet’s balcony in Verona to exploring Hamlet’s castle in Denmark, there are plenty of ways to celebrate Shakespeare all around the world, but the No. 1 destination is, of course, his home country of England. The country is celebrating the legacy of its national poet with a host of special events, plays, film screenings and exhibitions, and even if you missed the anniversary itself (April 23), there are plenty of ways to add a Shakespearean twist to your visit.

Visit famous Stratford-upon-Avon landmarks and walk in William Shakespeare’s footsteps with this ‘All Five Houses’ tour ticket. Step back in time to the 16th century, when one of England’s most famous scribes was alive. Visit Shakespeare’s family homes and gardens at your leisure, where a broad range of exciting activities bring the bard’s story to life. Listen as the guides shed light on his life and times, watch live performances, test your Shakespearean knowledge, meet farm animals at Mary Arden's Farm and enjoy a fun-filled day for all the family. Highlights: Family-friendly Romantic experience, perfect for couples; Step back in time on a history tour; Perfect for all ages and skill levels.

Read more about Shakespeare's Birthplace: 'All 5 Houses' Ticket - Stratford-upon-Avon | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Stratford-upon-Avon/Shakespeares-Birthplace-All-5-H...


The Shakespeare's All 5 Houses tour was fun and interesting. They had a different tour guide at each location and each was unique in their special ways. It was cool getting to see where he'd courted his wife and where his daughter lived, but my favorite part was his mother's farm. That was the BEST! Partly, I love animals, so there's that. But also, they really made efforts to do it as accurately as possible, even using the same breeds of animals as she raised. Cool!

I hung out with ⭐️Jellyfish⭐️ on this part of the trip. She's been in several of Shakespeare's plays and was able to offer insight that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. How fun is that?!? I'm glad I got to spend time wtih her, but especially on this last leg of the trip!


Dinner is a walking experience you'll appreciate before the long plane ride for some of us.

Feast your senses on the cosmopolitan culinary scene of East London during a 3.5-hour walking tour of the vibrant London district. Accompanied by an expert gastronome guide, explore the eclectic neighborhoods of Spitalfields and Shoreditch to discover spots favored by local food-lovers. Appease your appetite with the English classic of a bacon sandwich at St John Bread and Wine restaurant; delight in the complex flavors of Beigel Bake's delectable salt beef bagels; and savor creamy artisan cheese during a tasting session. Stroll the renowned Brick Lane to sample spicy curries and try the traditional British dish, fish and chips, at Poppies restaurant.

Highlights: 3.5-hour food tour of London’s East End; Explore Spitalfields with a friendly guide and discover where the locals eat; Head inside quirky cafes and top-rated joints endorsed by Time Out London; Visit St John Bread and Wine for a bacon sandwich and Beigel Bake for a salt-beef bagel; Enjoy fish and chips at Poppies served traditionally in newspaper; and sample curries on Brick Lane. Learn about the East End's multicultural cuisine and history.

Read more about London East End Food Tour - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/London-East-End-Food-Tour/d737-6093FOOD?pub=...


A 3 1/2 hour food tour? Wow! I'm not good at pacing myself and was fairly full after the first stop. On the good side, I wasn't super keen on the 2nd stop anyway. My favorite two stops were the cheese stop and the final dessert stop. YUM! lol I hung out with a variety of folks during different parts of the tour. I wanted to get to say goodbye, so I spent some time with ⭐️Jellyfish⭐️, Kit of House Lannister, Sally, and the rest of my British buddies. I'll see the others in the airport and on the flight back. I'm happy that I'll be sitting next to SB Musing. In case I can't sleep, I'm sure she'll be a source of entertainment. lol

Your flights are all arranged and transportation is covered. Exchange addresses, cell phone numbers and get all those hugs taken care of because the next month-long adventure with Lyn's Tour Guide Service is next August.

If you have enjoyed your traveling experience, please feel free to tip your travel service "30-Day Bloggers Group. It is always a pleasure to serve you. Lyn's a sly fox and Fivesixer.


THANK YOU NORB AND LYN FOR ALL YOU DID FOR US!!!

TTFN

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891151-Aug-30th