*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891399
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2094437
I will be writing about Prince songs for the challenge contest I am hosting just for fun.
#891399 added September 2, 2016 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
You Got That Look
You walked in. I woke up. I never saw a pretty girl look so tough, baby, you got that look. You are a natural beauty. Ladies and gentlemen, the look we all dream up. Oh please.

My son and I used to sing this song. He would be Prince and I was Sheena Easton. We would dance. I loved this song. As soon as the drums started playing, I was ready to dance. I would pretend I was singing with Prince. I would dress up in a nice dress and make up and think of this song. My mother, grandma and cousin would laugh when we did this song. My cousin decided to sing with us. We had the cassette playing of this song and I thought we did really good. Prince would have been smiling.

With Prince dying, I think of his old songs and remember how much I loved them. Could this man sing or what? Definitely could sing. When my Birthday rolls around, this song sticks in my mind. I try to have the look but I am getting older and just content to be me and enjoy life. I still want the look. Who doesn't? Thank you, Prince. You had the look. Purple was your color. Mine is, too.

My son lives in Minnesota and was sad to hear about Prince. I imagine he will be going to Paisley Park to visit Prince's place. Prince. I look at pictures of you. You had the look. Love You.

Image of Prince.

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891399