*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891427-Super-Soaker
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#891427 added September 3, 2016 at 9:33am
Restrictions: None
Super Soaker
Written For: "JAFBG"   by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Prompt: What's not worth the price you paid for it?


Pretty much anything R buys to help me out can be put into this category. *Laugh*

The one thing he bought that I despise is the kitchen faucet. Yes it looked cool in the box. Yes it sat in said box for two years before he got around to installing it. Oh it is pretty. That pretty nickel color that's all the rage now. And the sprayer is built right in. Just pull on it and you get a good three foot range! Perfect! Right?

Nope. Now I should be writing this as a public service announcement, because in all honesty, that's what it is.

Never buy a new, updated, pretty kitchen sink faucet unless you are going to buy a new sink!

Why? Because when you mix the old with the new, you quickly find out that the new faucet will hit the lip of the drain every time you turn the fucker on and it will spray back at you, and your shirt will be soaked! It's not a big deal in summer. But stepping away from that piece of shit in winter is a nightmare. I wind up in the bathroom with the hair dryer trying to find some warmth and dry out.

The damn box should've come with a warning. Caution: May cause back splash since we've changed the measurements of a standard size!

That would be helpful wouldn't it? Bastards! It's no wonder I hate washing dishes, even to put them into the dishwasher. Ugh that fucking dishwasher. I hate it too! We got that piece of crap a year after moving into the house, 2002. Money was tight, the ancient one died. R said the new cheap ass $200 one was a temporary fix. My ass! It's still here. And works like shit. I'd be better off washing everything by hand because half of the things that come out of a clean dishwasher have to be washed again. Does it not defeat the purpose it was intended for?????

If I didn't have grown children in the house I think I might revert to washing dishes naked to save my clothes. Toy with R, and then remind him I wouldn't have to do that if we had a decent faucet that didn't turn into a super soaker when turned on!



© Copyright 2016 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891427-Super-Soaker