*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891744-Utopia
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2049546
My first blog
#891744 added September 7, 2016 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
Utopia
I was just watching the news, and (as often happens these days) I felt huge fear about how the world is going. Fear, and sadness. It seems everyone is in it for themselves. Nobody wants to help others. Refugees dying in attempts to be free, Trump looking more and more likely to be U.S. President (and have power over the nuke button!), Britain leaving the EU because politicians and the media terrified us into voting "Leave". Trouble in the Middle East (pretty much how Nostrodamus predicted the world would end), it's all scary.

It got David and me talking about how we need to find a Utopia, in which we can live. We made a list of requirements, and I think it might be pretty tricky *Laugh* Leading on, it reminded me of the Simon & Garfunkel song "I Am A Rock." I remember listening to it, and studying the lyrics in school. I was in year eight, and the subject was Integrated Studies (history, geography, and R.E.). I don't know what the song had to do with anything, but I remember finding it really profound, as a thirteen year old. When I thought of it tonight, the lines, "I touch no one and no one touches me" came to mind. That would be my utopia, I thought. A place with no feelings.

© Copyright 2016 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (UN: purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Choconut ~ House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891744-Utopia