*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891749-Day-Two---Secrecy-and-the-Word
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#891749 added September 13, 2016 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
Day Two - Secrecy and the Word

Secrecy

         Surely the Lord GOD does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.

         There is something inherently wrong with secrecy, withholding information and/or hiding from others. In fact, the Lord says, Whatever is done in secret, will be shouted from the housetops. Be sure your sin will find you out. God is merciful and will give us countless opportunities to repent, but if we continue in sin, He promises to shine His light on it. Whatsoever is done in darkness will be brought to light.

         Lord, make me transparent.

The Word of God

         Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Romans 14:25 tells us that whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

         His Word does not return void, but it goes forth to accomplish His purposes. When I merely speak His Word, I am in agreement with Him. There is power is in His Word.

         God also makes it clear that all scripture is God-inspired, God-breathed.

         Jesus is the Word, the Light of the World:

         In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

         There was a man sent from God whose name was John. This man came for a witness to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

         He was in the world and the World was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

         And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. ~John 1:1-14


         Jesus, make me Your mouthpiece to this generation.

---------------

Scripture References:

Amos 3:7; Luke 12:3; Numbers 32:23; Luke 8:17; 2 Timothy 3:16; Isaiah 55:11; Romans 10:17; Romans 14:25; Hebrews 11:6; Psalm 119:11; John 1:1-14





© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891749-Day-Two---Secrecy-and-the-Word