*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891794-Witness-To-Stories-What-Did-I-Want-To-Be-When-I-Grew-Up
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#891794 added September 8, 2016 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Witness To Stories, What Did I Want To Be When I Grew Up?
Blog City Prompt: It's a privilege to be able to bear witness to someone's story when they may not have the chance to tell it before. Lindy Alexander What are your thoughts on this?

I work in mental health and hear a lot of stories and I understand what happened to them and you have more compassion for them. Friends have told me secrets that they never told their own children. I am a good listener and their secrets are safe with me. When I tell a secret of mine, I expect the same from others to not repeat them. I had a patient at work whose mother died and I was the only one she wanted to talk to about it.

Some people need someone to talk to and seek out a trusting person and it means a lot. You are their friend and confident. Some stories I wish I didn't know but I respect a person for telling me. Stories need to be told and as writers, we know that but we know which ones not to repeat. You just use your own judgement. We all have a story to tell.

BCOF Prompt: School is starting back up and Amy asked what we wanted be to be when we grew up when we were in school.

I wanted to be a Go Go Dancer, Nurse, Secretary and later a Journalist. I ended up doing the "Nurse" job and I write and have 2 published books so I guess I am a novelist. I just can't make money at it. Maybe I will be able to someday.

** Image ID #2095643 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891794-Witness-To-Stories-What-Did-I-Want-To-Be-When-I-Grew-Up