*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891934
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#891934 added September 10, 2016 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
15 Years Ago 9-11, Painting That Changes A Life
BCOF Prompt: Where were you 15 years ago on 9-11?

Our house burned down Dec. 20, 2000. My husband was putting gas in his tractor in the garage and the fire happened. We got the cat out, our vehicles and I did get my pictures and other items a few days later after going through the fire damage. We had a bad Christmas and sucky winter. We stayed at my our former high school principal's house. We rebuild and moved in a nice, new house in April. About the end of August, I looked at my new house and furniture and I thought well things are looking up. We were healthy and the cat had adjusted and the world was at peace. No war and I was feeling better about things.

I work midnights, woke up at 11:00 Am, on 9-11 ready to watch "Young and the Restless". I turned on the TV and then local news man said they were canceling events in South Bend due to the explosion and fire. I thought what blew up. Dan Rather came on and said: If you are joining us, two planes crashed into the twin towers in New York." I thought okay. I didn't get it. They said it was terrorist and the people who did this were from the Middle East. I saw the coverage and I knew it was serious. I was mad. What a bad day.

I went to an Alice Cooper Concert 2 weeks later and Alice had left the stage after singing a few songs and everyone was yelling: "USA! USA!" Alice came back carrying the flag, wearing a shirt with a flag on it and sang "God Bless America." The audience did, too. Yes! This is our country and anyone who wants to harm us, be damned! I don't like our leaders all the time but I love my country! 9-11 reminded me of this. I still feel this way.

Blog City Prompt: Lyn wanted us to write a story about how a portrait changed a person's life.

I don't have a story but Roger Collins took us with a portrait of Angelique that Victoria Winters had bought and came back with a new wife Cassandra who was really the witch Angelique. Angelique wanted Barnabas to be a vampire again and was still in love with him. I am a big "Dark Shadows" Fan of the original series.

I have a painting of a girl and a wolf cub and I would love to hold a baby wolf. Maybe if I had a painting of Jane Austen, I would be as good as a writer as her. I saw an angel picture of a little girl that looks like me when I was little. Strange, huh?

This is all I have to say. I f I ever write a story about a portrait and a person, I will let you know.

** Image ID #2095643 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891934