*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892165-Day-Five---Revelation-Part-1-of-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#892165 added November 23, 2016 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Day Five - Revelation, Part 1 of Chapter 1
The Book of Revelation – Part 1 of Chapter 1

         I am studying the Book of Revelation. When exiled on the Isle of Patmos, this Revelation of Jesus Christ was given to Apostle John through open vision while he was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day---Sunday, or possibly Saturday as Saturday is the Sabbath to Jewish people, and John was a Messianic Jew. And he heard behind him a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying:  I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:  What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches...

         This book has always been mysterious/almost mystical, especially to me, as most of it has been veiled until recent days. God is opening the eyes and ears of my spirit. May He open yours also.

         This book is a record of events that shall shortly come to pass. As admonished, John writes down what he sees.

         In our world, before someone takes center stage to share on any given topic, an introduction is given---education, accomplishments, etc.---so the audience is assured the speaker is an authority on the subject matter. Even so, the Book of Revelation is prefaced by its Author identifying Himself---His character, His purpose and His accomplishments---that He is the One who came down from heaven and lived a sinless life while traversing the earth, that He was crucified, died and buried, He descended into Hell and rose again triumphantly. Jesus affirms His deity, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, which is and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Revalation 1:8)

         The prophecy that makes up this book is divided up into parts/sections.

         At the beginning God says: Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Revelation 1:3).

         Likewise, at the end of the book is a warning:

         
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

         And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.


         So there is a reverence, a solemnity that comes upon one as he/she begins to study and meditate upon what is written herein.




© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892165-Day-Five---Revelation-Part-1-of-Chapter-1