*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892226-Fleas-hate-mint-and-lilac
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#892226 added September 14, 2016 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Fleas hate mint and lilac
War Chest Wednesday! From the War Chest and a previous challenger...

Write the first thing that comes to mind when you think of one of these three smells: spearmint, paint remover, or strong perfume/cologne.


A signature owl

Smells always remind me of some situation with in my life.

Any kind of mint reminds me of the wild mint that grows near our little natural pond. And, I grow a mint potted plant all year round. In the summer it hangs on my balcony, in the winter it is in the room where I keep my parrots. I have lilac crowned amazon that has been my companion for over 40 years. She likes to eat leaves off the mint plant.

Paint remover just reminds me to clean and oil the porches every spring.

Strong perfume reminds me of the cheap inexpensive junk perfume that used to be sold in the 5 and 10 cent stores in a small town near us when we were kids. Inevitably, someone would buy some and dump it on someone on the school bus to wreak annoyance against a bully or as a childhood expression of irrational against an acquaintance. School bus riding was never fun.

I missed the last part of the trip to Europe and the first part of this months challenge. Relatives came to visit rather suddenly in the middle of August. Since we are on a limited amount of internet Gigabits. The grandchildren were used to unlimited Gigabits. So, without malice, they were able to drain our internet in 3 days an amount that would normally take a little over a month.

I missed London. I missed WDC birthday. I missed all my email for about 3 weeks. I spent this morning cleaning off about 700 or more emails.

On the up side. Our local TV stations added 7 new channels over the last 3 weeks. We now have movies, old westerns and TV programs from the 60's. We watched the Olympics and western movies TV shows like Gun-smoke, Bonanza, Mash, Emergency and others are a daily broadcast right now. We have laughed through programs we never thought were funny when we were 20. I get to see Carol Burnett again. *Laugh* Life is fun Never a dull moment!

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892226-Fleas-hate-mint-and-lilac