*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892446-I-Might-Vote-for-Thelma-Harper
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#892446 added September 18, 2016 at 10:46am
Restrictions: None
I Might Vote for Thelma Harper
This week, Donald Trump once again alluded to the possibility of violence against Hillary Clinton in reference to her stance on Gun Control Reform, while Clinton called a segment of Trump's supporters a "basket of deplorables" . Is any of this rhetoric really necessary in an already heated election season? Why is the focus almost always more on the sound bites and mudslinging than the actual issues and policies that should be debated?
Owl with an attitude

From my own beliefs of many years watching politics unroll I glean these beliefs, mixed with some facts:

1. Many of the citizens of the USA do not really like the way politics unfold in this country. Any political idea that puts forth stability and truth falls by the way side after a few years. Although, many people don't believe in an evil influence. In Some way as generations unfold they want to test the new generation of voters every few years.

2. The news media attempts to get people involved in the elections. The politicians believe there is a great apathy concerning how the public views the way the country is run.

3. Donald Trump sees Hillary Clinton as a female, not as a viable person with a background in experience who can make her own decisions about how to run a country. Therefore, the way to intimidate any female is to harass her, threaten her, and treat her with scorn.

4. Fact. Someone who has second hand knowledge told me this: they have a friend who went to one of Trumps rallies and he is not at all the way the media is portraying him.

5. I ask you: did he or did he not say the things the media is presenting on national news?

In my household early in the campaign season we made these observations:

A. Trump really wants Hillary to be elected and he believes it won't happen unless she runs against someone so obnoxious the country would be horrified if Trump won. *Laugh*
B. The Republican party is running a physiological campaign aimed at the worst kind of riffraff in order to fill the vote quota they need to win. " Violent people matter, War Matters, Etc."
C. The Republican's want to pass some laws to make the country more profitable but they won't do it unless they are under a Republican President so it makes the party look good. *Crazy*
D. The stupid way the campaign is sizing up is just to get the voting public to look closely at the issues.*Clapper*What are the issues? Where are the issues? Who are the issues? Why are they issues? When will we be informed about the issues?
E. Someone wants this country to believe the USA is full of a bunch of people who will believe any conspiracy theory you throw at them. *GiftO*

Reality always clocks in. The country is suppose to be run by the people. Our country is run by two different elected houses in the congress. The president is a presiding officer. Reading the constitution keeps a stable focus on the election. You can get a free copy to download to kindle at Amazon. The two congressional houses agree or disagree along party lines. As a public we have to fight just to get information about the party beliefs. Because all this takes time out of daily lives a lot of people don't look into politics to see what is really going on in the USA. Corporations and people with lots of money to burn, try to influence votes that is a fact based in reality. Other countries also try to influence votes with money and favors. I said, this once before and I believe it. whoever wins, the public will have to be the watchdog. *Dog2*







© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892446-I-Might-Vote-for-Thelma-Harper