*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892485-Eight
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#892485 added September 18, 2016 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
Eight
It seems that Sunday, this being the third Sunday in a row this month, is the day I find time and enthusiasm to write in my blog.

I am reading more than writing these days. I read 19 of the 29 Andre Norton books I have in my personal library. (At one time I had 53 of Andre Norton's books in Paperback. However, in the process of divorce and separations and moving seven times over the years, my collection has dwindled dramatically. *Sad* At this time, I'm on the second MZB Darkover story of twenty or so I have in my library. (I haven't done a precise count). At present I am reading the hardcover reprint of Storm Queen. I have found many typos in this story and have inked in the corrections as I've found them...see what my years with Writing.com has done to my reading habits.

Mostly, I read on break at work and just before going to bed, so the story has lasted me over a week. I'm about half way to the end of the story. I have read Storm Queen before, when I was in the USAF, (late 1970's?) or in college (early 1980's). The point being, enough time has passed that I don't remember much of the story and I find I'm enjoying it very much. Storm Queen is unique from all the other Darkover novels in that there is no Earth human discovering his or her Laran capacity while visiting the planet.

The first book, Darkover Landfall is a ship full of Earth colonists who ship wreck upon the wrong planet many light years outside the star lanes and must adapt and survive. Most of the other stories take place after rediscovery by Earth space travelers. I believe the other stories related in the Age of Chaos and the hundred kingdoms fragmentation have Earth travelers who happen upon the planet in some way. But don't quote me on this as it has been a very long time since I've visited these stories and my memory is limited.


© Copyright 2016 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892485-Eight