*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892779-30BC--Warning--On-a-Rant
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#892779 added September 23, 2016 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
30BC: Warning: On a Rant.
Fun Fact Friday!

On this day in 1962, the classic outer space cartoon The Jetsons premiered on ABC-TV; it was the first program on the network to be carried in color. Please answer for me the all-important question surrounding this legendary television show: Why, over fifty years later, do we still not have flying cars that we can fold up into briefcases?


You want a two dimensional solution to a three dimensional problem? I blame big oil companies for discouraging anything that will cut into their profit margin. Even today they will bite the hand that feeds them. When pushing a pipeline through sacred burial grounds and into our aquifers and "under" lakes and rivers is more important than preserving the earth that will feed us, there is something seriously amuk in their thinking. So what you get your freaking oil. What about a leak that wipes out the drinking water, the aquatic life, the plant life, the food source. Big oil company executives won't care if they have to pay $20 for a loaf of bread, but you will. The government will have to tax somebody for hauling in food from places that are smarter, and where will they get the money to do that? Not from big oil companies. Not from Sharia Law Lobby groups. It will be from the people too cowered to voice their opinion and that is the rapidly shrinking middle class.

You still want to try to solve a 3-D problem with a 2-D answer? I know you were trying to be funny, but there are so many problems taking attention away from the fun and innovative ideas. Like a soldier being shot at really does not care that there are no flying cars. A mother on welfare trying to feed her family does not care that their are no moving walkways. A Native American on the front lines trying to protect his/her people's water supply and land is not interested in why there is no robot in every home.

People will always look at cartoons as an escape from their not-so-fun reality, rather than a doable thing.

That's all.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892779-30BC--Warning--On-a-Rant