*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893114
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#893114 added September 28, 2016 at 3:00pm
Restrictions: None
First Car, Neighbors
Blog City Prompt: Do you remember your first car? What kind was it? Did you give it a name?

My first car was a 1970 Chevy Malibu. It was turquoise with big white racing stripes. I loved this car and I was nice enough to loan my car to friends and boyfriends. Huge mistake. The car had a lot of problems. I kept it three years and bought a 1980 Mustang that was red. I loved that car, too but it was lousy in Indiana snow. Now, that I am married, I just drive Chevys. I have a dark blue 2016 Chevy Cruz. I never gave my cars names.

BCOF Prompt: Snow asked us to write about neighbors.

We have one neighbor, a retired Pharmacist. We live by corn fields and the snow is really bad in the winter. My husband took his tractor and plowed our driveway and the neighbor's yard. I got locked out of my house and my neighbor let me use his phone to call my husband at work. When we are snowed in, our neighbor calls us to ask if we are alright and we do the same for him.

When I was in Junior High, my parents and I lived in Smyrna, Tennessee. Our one neighbor, Bobby Harden and his sisters had a country group called "The Harden Trio." I baby sit his kids. He and his wife came over to visit. He had a country song: "Don't Drive Me" but it was never a hit. He was a great guy. He gave me free records and autographed them. His sister Arlene recorded songs but never made it big either. Our other neighbor was General Moorehouse. He was General McCarthy's private physician in the war. He was a grouch. His wife was nice and I loved their big tabby cat. He would visit us and we would feed him and let him take a nap. I loved that cat. He was a good neighbor.

** Image ID #2095643 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893114