*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894858-Non-binary-Registration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#894858 added October 19, 2016 at 2:08am
Restrictions: None
Non-binary Registration
Californians are being asked to vote on the Death Penalty. I know my own stand on that issue, and I am personally glad it is being placed on the ballot this November. Tonight, that is not what I want to explore.

How do you feel about registration to allow one to decline to state a binary gender of female or male.

I researched the Privacy Statement on this site where my blog is hosted, and the demographics assist in the valuable info provided for ad aggregators, however, I believe that for the comfort of those that wish to mask their gender identity, an option to opt out of selecting male or female is a good thing. This is an important issue, and growing in importance for our best getting along in communities and the world.

Specifically my youngest child hopes this will change so that they will feel comfortable and remain empowered by expressing as agender. I have often suggested this writing site to them, and tonight is the closest that they have come to filling out the registration. Upon discovering this issue, they state they will hold off creating an account here until that option is available.

I found some writers on Writing.com by searching "agender" who appear to have the perspective of the younger generations like my child.

Invalid Item  will this writer return to WdC? If you want to understand more check out N. B. , but the one hitting closest...Invalid Item 

© Copyright 2016 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894858-Non-binary-Registration