*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895822-Just-talking-about-squirrels
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#895822 added October 28, 2016 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
Just talking about squirrels
This book is a Hoot!

The book "How to Teach Physics to Your Dog" is curling my brain. One day I watched a video on PBS that told how Particles, protons, electrons are constantly flowing through our bodies on a daily basis and we just don't know it. Reality is a thing of the past if you read enough of this kind of science.

This morning I can see a blanket of brown and gold leaves off the Tulip tree covering my view from the window by the desk. I was just lazily gazing out at the scene. Suddenly, what I thought was fallen limb about 6 inches long sticking straight up out of the leaves sprouted two side arms about 2 inches long. I thought Huh? limbs don't sprout arms. Then the arms disappeared. Then a small pointed nose pointing south appeared. The sun was throwing rays across the leaves turning them golden but it also was casting shadows across a small red squirrel who was sitting straight up in the leaves making his red fur turn dark enough to be mistaken for a limb. He was embedded in the leaves. They were covering his tail which normally would have be a recognizable trait. After while he scampered over to the bird feeder and chased away the doves that were eating seed on the ground by the feeder. He had to jump high scattering leaves with each jump as he ran because the leaves are deep in that spot.

We still have trees with green leaves grabbing the last part of photosynthesis they can get before casting their garments to the ground.


OK have a good day. Go squirrel watching while they are still scampering about. *Laugh*


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895822-Just-talking-about-squirrels