*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896038-We-sing-poems-too
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2101310
Memories of moments with grandchildren
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#896038 added November 12, 2016 at 12:15pm
Restrictions: None
"We sing poems too"
         An early entry to "Journal entitled "Happy 65th Birthday was penned in remembrance of my birthday and our family Russian Christmas celebration. This excerpt is from that entry.

         "For me, though, two events were more heartwarming than all others before. The first involved getting Brady's little computer running and seeing the look on his face when he saw the big screen and recognized the Scratch program. He ran upstairs to bring his Dad and Mom downstairs for a look at "my computer!". The little 5 gigabyte motherboard with a Linux Raspberry Pi operating system was valiantly chugging away as smooth as my first 33 megabyte Gateway computer. What a repeat thrill that was!

         My second special moment was reading bedtime poems from their book "A Light in the Attic" with Natalia snuggled close. Both listened in rapt attention and we randomly selected poems to read. When Brady asked if he could read poems to me, and did so almost flawlessly, with delight, I knew the book choice was correct. It was gratifying and heartwarming to see both grandchildren connect to Shel Silverstein's rhythmic poems.

         Natalia said it best - "When we sing songs, we sing poems too!" Poetry summed up from a five year old's perspective - simple but true. *Music2*"

         A love of reading poetry was gifted to my grandchildren. A legacy from my Mom to me and my brother, then to her grandchildren now continues, passing from me to my grandchildren. It will be their torch to pass someday - a way to connect all generations past and future.


         I re-read this entry today and thought of all who have gone before and all who are to come. Funny how the most important moments we share that are remembered are often the simple quiet moments. I am reminded of a line from one of the first hymns I learned to sing in choir: "Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of life." Indeed the words we share and the poetic music we make with songs and the rhythm of poems is easily remembered. I hope you sing a poem today.





© Copyright 2016 tucknits (UN: tucknits at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tucknits has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896038-We-sing-poems-too