*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896517-Sick-Sick-Sick
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#896517 added November 4, 2016 at 7:08am
Restrictions: None
Sick. Sick. Sick
Well It's Friday Bitches! TGIF! And any other happy Friday related greetings to you *Bigsmile*

It's been a strange ass week. Monday was a rush to get everyone home and fed fast enough to go over to my mom's and see the nephews all dressed up and out trick-or-treating. And I heard Ben coughing up a storm, but do you think I was wise enough to stay away from him? Nope. Not me. I was kissing on him. And hugging him. And tickling, playing, you name it. I used to babysit Ben and his brother for three years while their parents worked, so I miss them and get a little over zealous as Aunt T. And that's what they call me. Not Aunt Theresa. Aunt T. And it's freakin adorable, lol.

So I wake up Tuesday, my throat is on fire, I'm stuffy, coughing [to be honest more like hacking], and I slept most of my day off. R calls from work and when I tell him I'm sick he suggests I call the doctor and get in right away, but I was just too lazy and sleepy to do that. Now I ask you. If you know I'm sick, why would you invite people over that night? *Facepalm* That man boggles my mind on good days! I pushed water and vitamin C all day, not that it helped me much.

Went to work on Wednesday, and we were slow so I got to leave early. But Wednesday night I was getting worse. The hot flashes are raging, so on top of being sick, I've got that going on, which made it next to impossible to sleep that night. I even had the fan on I was so damn hot, and it's getting down into the 40s here. By 3am I said fuck it and got out of bed. I thought perhaps if I tried sleeping in the big leather recliner with my slow music on I'd get more than ten minutes of sleep at a time. Did I? *Headbang* *Sob* *Headbang* *Sob* *Headbang* *Sob* *Headbang* *Sob* Of course not! I mean shit why would I get any amount of productive sleep????

By 5am I finally stopped trying to sleep and hit the pc. I managed to get all of my reviews in for HSP classes, did one of my auction packages, cleaned the house, AND I went to the doctor. All I needed was that little Zpack. I swear I can diagnose myself.

Here's the insanity of my new doctor. When they find out you're there because you're sick, you are immediately taken to the sick room. I mean shit, did you know there is such a thing? I've never seen this before in any doctor's office, so I guess it's true...there really is a first time for everything. *Laugh* Now it's funny here because the staff do not want to be in this room. Apparently it's like willingly embracing the plague or something. *Rolleyes* I mean seriously, even the doctor stands outside the door and will start talking to you as he puts on his mask and gloves. It's quite comical if you aren't already feeling like shit. Ah, but you are. So what happens when you see this going on and all you want is to be treated, get your meds and get home? You feel irritated. Annoyed. Oh and yeah, a little angry because of how they go about treating you.

He asked what's going on. I tell him I have the trifecta. Which, I knew I had, but he was almost positive that the sinus, ear and throat infection had reached my lungs too. Did they? Nope. I know my body. If I had an upper respiratory infection, my chest would be killing me. I'm a smoker, and when I get URIs it's bad and pushes me toward pneumonia. I seriously don't think he liked me self-diagnosing. I wasn't doing it to be a smart ass, or tell him what his job is. I was doing it because you are already treating me like I'm some diseased specimen, and because I'm trying to get out of here as quickly as possible. If I didn't tell him him that my ears hurt and that there is a constant roar, he most likely wouldn't have checked them. He didn't last time I was sick. They are always so certain it's a URI if you smoke and are coughing. Look dude, I get it, but my cough is productive [insert gross visual here], AND I came in before I got so bad that the infection spread. Give me a little credit here.

Today is Friday! Thank God! I just want to go to work, drag my ass back home and crash. I didn't sleep well last night either, and I am praying that exhaustion is just going to take over and drag me down into a wonderful 3 hour nap. That these crazy ass hot flashes hitting every 20 bloody minutes won't be so intense that it wakes me up. And that the house will be nice and quiet, and I can go off to dreamland and play. I need that happy place right now. Need that hnsfna desperately. And no, I'm not telling what that stands for! *Laugh*

Yo! "JAFBG"   by Elisa the Bunny Stik We needs some new prompts here! Just sayin




© Copyright 2016 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896517-Sick-Sick-Sick