*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896553-Little-Things-in-Life
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#896553 added November 4, 2016 at 5:10pm
Restrictions: None
Little Things in Life.
Fun Fact Friday!

On this day in 1981, the second scheduled flight of the space shuttle Columbia was halted with only 31 seconds left in the countdown. Has there ever been a situation that you went through a lot of trouble trying to pull off (or really looked forward to) only to see it cancelled at the last minute? How did you feel about it, and was it, in retrospect, a good or bad decision?


This story is from a long time ago. I don't even remember the particulars of the story only that it happened.

I have never been a fan of home parties, Tupperware, Avon or others. Because, I have always lived rural I have lots of home chores. Many things keep me busy. Going to college so late in life also kept me busy for 5 years.

I was asked to hostess a Tupperware party one time. I said no, but the asking person gave me a sob story about her need and I relented. I warned her it probably would be small because I never had a large social network. Well, I managed to get a lot of RSVP's to the event. I called every one I could think knew or was related to.

These were people who promised definitely to show up. I thought it was a good thing and made party plans. The day of the party the woman who insisted she needed my help to give the social event called and canceled. Under no circumstances would she be able to show up and sell her products. I could not believe it. I had to call each invited person and cancel at the last possible time. Needless to say, I did not want to call all those nice ladies who promised to show up.

It was not such a loss, that I ever dwelled on it, Interestingly, it popped right into my mind, when I read this prompt. I can't even remember, who the party pusher was at the time or how I knew her. It must have been 30 years or more ago.

At the time I was upset because of the trouble I went to organize the party and was certain of the amount of people who would be there. But, it came and went, as only another day, when plans change suddenly and life just moves forward.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] ! Life goes on.


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896553-Little-Things-in-Life