*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896793-Angels
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#896793 added November 7, 2016 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Angels?
Motivation Monday!

Singer Joni Mitchell, born on this day back in 1943, once said "Chase away the demons, and they will take the angels with them." What do you think about this? Is it necessary to have demons, if only to keep the angels around?


I don't know a lot about Angel Lore. However, the angels worth having around are ones that continue their loyalty to the Living God.

Demons get called in by humans that are basically looking for some kind of trouble and usually find it. Angels and Demons are two different beings and they are individualistic.

There is a lot of scripture about angels: Read about the end times in Matthew 24: or Colossians 4:16,18 "Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on about visions puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,and not holding fast to the head, from who the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments grows with a growth that is from God."

Apparently, people have been involved with Angels, visions, and other spiritual experiences many times. So, the scriptures deal with the subjects in a lot of different places. A concordance (a reference found in Bibles that list subjects and where to find the scriptures about those subjects.)

There are lots of Scientific type explorations being conducted, as well over the years, about visions, dreams, angels, and prophecy. Man kind is in an information gathering mode. The translation of manuscripts dating back to 100's of years is one of the many ways people are looking to prove or disprove spiritual information.

I suggest as always, if you read scripture don't just read one verse. Read the chapters around the specific verse and find out the history concerning the book of the bible you are reading. There are also many reference books new and older, that explain Biblical chapters and subjects.

Reference Books are necessary. This is a short list:
a. The Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon by Davidson
b.Naves Topical Bible by MacDonald
c. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible by James Strong
d. Unger's Bible Dictionary put out by Moody Press
e. The Macmillan Bible Atlas by Yohanan Aharoni and Michael Avi-Yonah

I have read some books written by people who want to tell you all kinds of odd ideas about Angels so I suggest you ground yourself in scriptural knowledge before you take the word of a fictional TV program. Also, look closely at the authors background of any book you read. To find truth you have to separate spiritual experience with psychic experience. One is from the Living God the other is a mental human to human experience.

Surround yourself with Godly reality.


This book is a Hoot!

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896793-Angels