*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896896-Remain-Calm
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#896896 added November 8, 2016 at 9:36am
Restrictions: None
Remain Calm
Talk Tuesday!

Well, the presidential election is today in the United States...one of the most polarizing and controversial elections in recent history. As an American citizen, how concerned are you about the outcome of this election? And for our global friends, what does this mean for you and your nation?


Owl with signature


I voted, it's done. Now, all I have to do is watch the news shows today to keep track of what is happening in the country.

Keeping in mind I could be wrong, I don't expect as much change as others might think will come our way, depending on the election. The media has hyped up this election. Of course, Trump went out of his way to be obnoxious. I have wondered how he plans to ride over rules and regulations to get something different going in the country and what it would do to everyday freedoms. We don't need walls, loss of freedom of speech, or military control of our cities. That is too radical to even believe.

Nevertheless, it is the United States of America. The people have to have the last say. If it affects me personally, badly, I guess the repercussions will be unfortunate.

I'm interested in what the electoral college will do as well as the popular vote. We still need to keep addressing the medical situation and social security issues. If Obama Care is not working the government will have to find something that does work. People need medical care.

There really are two radical ideals working against each other. Trickle down economics never worked. Raising taxes doesn't work. Just like everyday life you have to work quietly toward goals and not blink when someone throws a punch at you. *Laugh*

If the Republicans win, what will they do to upset the accomplishments of other elections? I hate to see out and out fighting in the streets over ways to solve our financial problems. I really don't have any answers just like everyone else I'm waiting to see the results. We won't see the real results until we are deep in next year. So, I say, "Keep Calm"

Fairy playing a flute


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896896-Remain-Calm