*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897586-The-Importance-of-Forgiveness---October-11
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#897586 added November 17, 2016 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
The Importance of Forgiveness - October 11

God requires that we walk in forgiveness. And His commandments are not burdensome, according to 1 John 5:3. When Jesus teaches us how to pray, He says: "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." If we do not forgive, God does not hear us. He tells us when we bring our gifts to Him, first go and forgive. (See Matthew 5:23.)

We must walk in love if our prayers are to go unhindered (in other words if our prayers are to be answered). The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost. (Read Romans 5:5)

We must submit ourselves "wholly" to God, resist the devil and He will flee---according to James 4:7. That is the only way to overcome natural desires and temptations. Full surrender to God and then resistance to temptations to do evil----to be angry, etc.

Walk in love. Again, according to Romans 5:5, when we turn to God in holy surrender, His very love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost. Call upon the Lord in your time of trouble and He will help you, He will teach you all things...

Today, let's pray and meditate on the following scriptures from the Gospel according to Luke 6:27-36:

But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897586-The-Importance-of-Forgiveness---October-11