*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897602-Gods-Mouthpiece---October-23
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#897602 added November 17, 2016 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
God's Mouthpiece - October 23

In Jeremiah 1:1-10, the Lord speaks to His prophet (his mouthpiece):

The Word of the Lord came to Jeremiah saying, "Before I formed in in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

"Alas, Sovereign Lord," said Jeremiah, "I do not know how to speak; I am too young."

But the Lord said to Jeremiah, "Do not say, 'I am too young.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.

Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched the mouth of Jeremiah and said to him, "I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over the nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."


Thanks be to God. He sends us forth, but never alone. When we follow Him, He places us before men who do not know Him and we speak His words and not our own.

Jesus promises us----and then reminds us----over and over in scripture, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you."

Even when we turn our backs on Him, He says that "He is married to the backslider." His mercies never fail, they are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. He is ever reaching toward us... calling out to us through the beauty of His creation and the heavens.

Jesus further says, "Come unto me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.…" ~Matthew 11:28-29

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897602-Gods-Mouthpiece---October-23