*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897604-God-Keeps-His-Promises---October-25
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#897604 added November 17, 2016 at 12:25pm
Restrictions: None
God Keeps His Promises - October 25

"She (Mary) will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus because he will save his people from their sins... The virgin will be with child and will give bith to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --- which means, "God with us." (Matthew 1:21, 23)


Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. (Matthew 18:11) Jesus' very name means, The Lord saves.

Jesus further says…
"I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief (satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.…" (John 10:9-11)

---------------

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit (John 14:15-17):
Jesus says, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever — the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and He will be in you.…"


"…Instead, your hearts are filled with sorrow because I have told you these things. But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate (the Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:…" (John 16:6-8)


Oh, how He loves us.

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897604-God-Keeps-His-Promises---October-25