*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897613-In-the-Day-of-Battle---November-3
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#897613 added November 17, 2016 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
In the Day of Battle - November 3

Today, in my devotions I see God is calling us up higher. The battle is not for the faint of heart. We must train ourselves to be diligent and, therefore, persevere in faith.

According to THE POWER OF PRAYER a compilation of the writings of E. M. Bounds----discipline, self-denial, spirit of hardship and determination so prominent in and belonging in the military life are lacking in many of us.

Certainly, this is an area I need work on... God has been leading me deeper in intercession, yet this morning when I awoke early, willfully I simply turned over and fell back asleep. Waking up at the normal time doesn't leave much time for intercession. I must turn that around; self-denial is required.

A little self-denial and self-discipline may begin to crucify our fleshly desires of which we have become accustomed and nudge us forward into the Spirit of the deeper walk to which God is calling and the battle requires.

"I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me." ~Galatians 2:20


According to Oswald Chambers, MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST, these words mean the breaking of my independence with my own hand and surrendering to the supremacy of the Lord Jesus.

This also speaks to sanctification---the setting apart.

2 Timothy 2:21 - If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.
Romans 6:6 - Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.


God, help us get ready for battle.

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897613-In-the-Day-of-Battle---November-3