*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897615-Restraint---November-4
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#897615 added November 17, 2016 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Restraint - November 4

Let's think about the importance of "restraint" in fulfilling God's will and purposes in the earth.

Remember the story of Peter in John 18:10-14, 36-37. When Jesus was about to be arrested, Peter took out his sword and lopped the ear off of Malchus, servant to the high priest. Jesus rebuked Peter and restored/healed Malchus' ear, saying: "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?" Jesus also said, "He who takes up the sword shall perish by the sword."

Here, Peter was learning that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. It's a "spiritual" warfare that we wage, but even then, we must discern the will of God first---in every area. Since we live in a physical realm, the tendency is to do things within that "physical" realm. However, there is an even more real spiritual realm and that is the place of battle/warfare. "Spiritual" forces drive people who do not know God, and these are the forces we must deal with on God's terms....
We must not get ahead of God. This is where prayer, intercession, meditation and study come full swing. It keeps us close to God so we know/discern what His will is in any given situation.

Even in the upcoming Presidential election, the tendency is to get cocky/fleshly. God's strength in us is perfected in our weakness, in our dependence upon Him. The victory is His. He always causes us to triumph, through Him.

I'm reminded of a passage in the book of Psalms 46:10:
"Be still and know that I am God." (KJV) Another version says, "Cease striving and know that I am God. (NASV)


Oh how He loves us...

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897615-Restraint---November-4