*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897623-God-is-Rich-in-Mercy---November-12
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#897623 added March 27, 2017 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
God is Rich in Mercy - November 12

Every time I sin, I am soooo remorseful, yet I seem to linger there... I tend to think (most times) that God is a bit like us, that forgiveness doesn't come easy to Him. Sometimes I think I even yearn for a little punishment, thinking that might make me feel better. Not!!

The other day, when I was giving some scriptures----I confessed a sin----and then God actually gave me a Word... "When we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

After that little "refresher," I smiled all day. He is so good.

I read several devotionals everyday; this morning I found a couple of things that spoke to me.

"His kingdom is not about earning and deserving: it's about believing and receiving." (I found that in JESUS CALLING by Sarah Young) ...and it is so true. In the world, really in all facets of life apart from God it is about earning and deserving..., but God is not like that. He is not "finite" as we are, but is "infinite" and His ways are not like our ways.

…Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.…" ~Isaiah 55:7-9 (New American Standard Bible)


And in MORNING BY MORNING, a classic devotional by Charles H. Spurgeon----today I read about the trial of my faith.

"Tried faith brings experience." "Untried faith may be true faith, but it's sure to be little faith, and it will remain stunted so long as it's without trials. Faith never prospers so well as when everything is against it. Storms are its trainers, and lightnings are its illuminators. Even when a calm reigns on the sea, you can hoist the sails all you want, the ship won't move into its harbor. But when the winds howl and the waters rage, the ship makes headway toward its desired haven."


See 1 Peter 1:7 --- "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:"

And Romans 5:3-5 --- "…Not only that, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.…"

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you encounter trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.…" (James 1:2-3)

Remember, God is good... all the time.

May God bless you!!

© Copyright 2017 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897623-God-is-Rich-in-Mercy---November-12