*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897750-Crazy-November
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2049546
My first blog
#897750 added November 17, 2016 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
Crazy November
Well. I'm actually finding myself with a few minutes to spare today. This is the first day in over a month. So I thought I'd take time to pause, and reflect through my blog.

Towards the end of October, I received the fantastic news that I have been selected for the Future Rising Stars Programme. To say I was honoured, and excited, is the biggest understatement. Me! Seriously: me! Hannah has chosen me, and is my sponsor. Fantastic news, but also a lot of work. What I love most about it is the diversity of activities. One day I'm writing and essay on Mark Twain and one of his poems; the next, I'm writing a travelogue from a hot air balloon floating over WDC. The kind of things I would never dream of writing normally, I'm getting the chance to do. It's stretching me, but I'm loving it. So, so much. I've even surprised myself with some of my work (am I allowed to say that?).

Then, we have NaNo. Dear, exhausting, crazy NaNo. I have now finished my first draft. It's 53,477 words. I've typed my fingers off. If I'm honest, I was pretty demoralised at the beginning of NaNo. Because I was writing so quickly, without correcting as I went along, when I read back over it the next day, all I found was a lot of drivel. Every day. I think I was hoping I'd learned a few things about writing since last year's NaNo. I was hoping I would write better. But that didn't happen, and I was disappointed with myself. But, as my hubby pointed out, when you write fast, you don't write good. The two don't go together. That's why it's called a first draft. The name implies there will be more. Many more, I suspect. After I realised this (about a week into it) I wrote more quickly, and really enjoyed the experience.

For the rest of this month, I must keep an eye on the Special Occasions Forum. Also, complete any further Rising Stars tasks I'm given. Review. I need to review. It would be good to write a story about Alfie's naughtiness for the Pet News Contest. Ummm, I think that's about it. Oh, I need to write the family Christmas Quiz as well. Must not forget that!




My beautiful Rising Stars sig.

© Copyright 2016 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (UN: purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Choconut ~ House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897750-Crazy-November