*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897893-Live-for-the-Magical-moments
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#897893 added November 19, 2016 at 9:49am
Restrictions: None
Live for the Magical moments
Creation Saturday!

When someone says "And this is where the magic happens!", what are they referring to? Take this prompt in any direction your imagination lets you.


Merit Badge in Creativity
[Click For More Info]

Winning entry for the May 2016
Andre the Blog Monkey's Coloring Contest
in The Blogging Banana Bar
***CONGRATULATIONS***


Yesterday, I rode a 4 wheeler around our back field. I was so happy to do that. I haven't ridden a 4 wheeler for several years. It was magic happening.

Over the years I have learned to raise sheep, Raised goats for the goats milk and meat supply. Learned to raise turkeys (they are entertainment in the barn yard, because after they mature the males follow people around and go gobble gobble while spreading their feathers.

"And this is where the magic happens" means to me a special place where things go right or where accomplishments count in a very special way.

So, I'm plugging farms today. Children get up in the morning run outside, climb trees, make forts, ice skate, talk to the livestock, keep a special dog or cat. Yes, things happen that are not good here too but, still, it introduces people to reality on a farm in a very special way.

At an early age, I was following my dad around during haying season (He kept dairy cows and veal calves) He showed me how to pick a piece of mature timothy off the stalk and chew on it to get out the juices. Something I still look forward to every year.

I used to visit a large working dairy farm owned by K's relatives. We bought whole milk from them. I made my own yogurt from cows milk and my own cottage cheese from goats milk. Now, we buy it in the stores.

Another shopper stopped me at the dairy counter and asked me why I buy plain yogurt? For one thing I can sugar it anyway I want. I don't need as much sugar as they pour into store yogurt. sugar spoils the flavor of yogurt, filling it with whole pieces of fruit is enough sugar content most of the time. I believe Greek yogurt is a scam perpetuated on the American public to get them to purchase yogurt as a higher price. First they started dumping extra sugar or sucrose into the original product to make it runny. Good yogurt is firm and the whey runs out of it, even in the container leaving a firm product. Then they changed the name and called it Greek ( took out the extra whey and inserted stuff that made it runny) and sold it to people at a higher price.

There isn't enough time to tell you about all the magical things that happen on a farm. The wildlife sightings are very special even though I expect to see wild deer, turkey, fox, squirrels, skunks, porcupine, possum and others. It never ceases to be enjoyable. Wildlife likes to hang around where people live.

Today the weather is grumpy. We have been scurrying around trying to catch up odds and ends and shopping for extra food because, if the storm really rolls in , that the weather man forecasted, we will be cosy and ready to cook Thanksgiving dinner.

I think technology is great. It adds to the quality of life we experience. But, it cannot replace living openly with nature. There is something special about walking through the leaves in the fall hearing the scrunching sound as you walk. (My dog even swishes his feet through the leaves in a special way as we walk.)

"And this is where the magic happens" is where people find magic as they walk through life.

*Fairy* Fairy playing a flute *Fairy3*








© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897893-Live-for-the-Magical-moments