*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898058-Moving-Toward-the-Holiday
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#898058 added November 21, 2016 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
Moving Toward the Holiday
Owl with signature


The 30-Day-Challenge is over for November. Our thoughts are with 5-Sixer, Leslie, and Brother Nature as we plow toward the holiday.

I have lots of time to catch up on writing before I have to cook the turkey.

The storm is blowing itself out slowly. It stopped snowing about 3 A.M.. The wind kept blowing in a desperate effort to continue the storm. Flipping the snow off the ground and blowing it around in the air like a high flying kite. Storms of the caliber we experienced for two days always seem alive, so I attribute feelings to them. The wind is still blowing, shaking all the snow out of the trees onto the ground. Anyway, I took mail to the box on the road this morning. The roads are plowed so I'm sure people got to work and business has resumed as usual.

I will be vacuuming rooms today. I'm expecting at least 11 or 12 people for Thanksgiving. The kids may want to set up the train. Sometimes I set up the Christmas tree for Thanksgiving but I think I will wait and do it on Monday. Deer hunting season starts that day and I will probably have lots of time to figure out the decorations. Weather forecast says 40 degrees for the end of the week.

Lots of turkey cooking advice on Youtube. Where was Youtube when I was raising a family? It would have been great to have all that advice then.*Laugh*

Happy Thanksgiving. We are thankful the USA is still in one piece after the rowdy election. Think peaceful thoughts.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898058-Moving-Toward-the-Holiday