*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898249-BC--THANKSGIVING
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#898249 added November 23, 2016 at 7:05pm
Restrictions: None
BC: THANKSGIVING
Prompt: What was your best Thanksgiving? What was your worst Thanksgiving?

As I think about this, I quickly ran through the Thanksgivings over the years and trying to find the best and worst. It is not easy. I am too content or too boring, depending on your point of view. But as always, two rise to the top.

I can't tack down the best to just one. I remember the Thanksgivings of my childhood and the best ones were with my mom's folks. When we were little, we got to sit on grandpa's lap and get whisker rubs. My mom had four girls like he did, and he liked to sit us on his lap, give us a whisker rub and then laugh as we ran squealing. Those were so much fun.

The worst stands out solitary. It was the year my 16-month-old nephew died. We lost him in August and the pain of the loss was so near the surface for Thanksgiving that year. I don't want anyone to know that kind of pain.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898249-BC--THANKSGIVING