*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898813-The-Snow-Today-chases-me-to-Australia
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#898813 added December 1, 2016 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
The Snow Today chases me to Australia
Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Traveling with you in Europe was so much fun, hope you join us again next August! Until then, we hope all your blogging experiences inspire you equally as much!

Lyn and Norb *Globe2*


Kimberly Sands Resort & Spa:

{size:3.5 }Every time the 30-Day Challenge group visits one of these fascinatingly expensive resorts I wonder if a person could not just spend their whole vacation in the luxurious accommodations?

The rooms are beautiful. The food obviously out of this world delicious. Did you notice they have special menus for the children in the group? I gravitated to the poolside café.

On a video for https://www.Australia.com the narrator said, “Australia isn’t just a place you see it’s a place you feel.” This was very evident when we visited Cable Beach. Also, during the seaplane ride and the boat tour of the Horizontal Falls. In these three places, I was stunned by the colors of the soil. The soil is full of minerals and Iron deposits. Variations in color along the coastal cliffs are caused by stripes of Iron formations in the soil.

The combination of red soil, white sands and crystal clear blue ocean waters at Cable Beach give the area style. The natural colors of this western part of Australia look like an artist opened his paint box to splash vibrant colors around.

As the driver of the boat drove our party back and forth across the Horizontal Falls I was reminded of white water rafting on the Colorado river running through the Grand Canyon. The boat bounced and jounced over the rough waters. At one point, when I looked forward there seemed to be a pool where the falls ended and smooth water began. I was hoping it was not a whirlpool. Throwing us out of the boat at any point would have meant futility because the cliffs rose straight up for many feet on all sides as we road along. This was certainly an adventurous boat ride. The float plane ride was spectacular because of the scenic route which gave us a good aerial view of the landscape between Broome and the falls.

Broome became important because of the pearl Industry. There are pictures of Aboriginal Pearl Divers at the Broome Historical Society. The pearl Industry is over 100 years old. It is most infamous for the way it treated Aboriginal and Japanese Divers. As in most industry the collectors of the Pearls earned little or nothing while the investors walked away with the majority of the earnings.

In very warm places we have visited, I am always so happy they shade the walkways along the streets, where the shops are so close together. There were streets like this in Broome, hosting wide awnings and umbrellas to help shoppers stay out of the direct sunlight.

I visited the Sun Theater. It is believed to be the world’s oldest open-air theater. A pearling master, Ted Hauter, built it in 1916. There are canvas chairs in rows. The theater still shows video 7 days a week.

How will I ever see everything there is to see?

References:

www.Australia.com
www.Youtube.com Western Australia by Laurie Kibblewhite uploaded July 20,2011
www.wikipedia.com About the Pearling Industry in Broome
www.videostory.net
www.Kimberlysandsresort&spa.com

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898813-The-Snow-Today-chases-me-to-Australia