*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898939-Adelaide
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#898939 added December 3, 2016 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
Adelaide
December 3, 2016, Adelaide Australia

We stayed at the Playford MGallery. I was appreciative of the friendly helpful staff. One of the staff explained that the Playford is a 4-minute walk from the railway station. And an 8-minute walk from Rundle. Everyone walks somewhere in Australia. We should have been warned to bring our hiking shoes. *Laugh*. The average human walking speed is approximately 3.1 miles per hour. This probably means the mentioned places are close. Don’t get lost.

Beaumont House and grounds were a sight to behold. It was once the home of Sir Samuel Davenport who was the founder of the Olive Oil Industry in South Australia. I saw an Olive Grove on the grounds. I use Spanish Olive Oil in my kitchen. I never even knew Australia was involved in the Olive Oil industry. Now I will have to look for some of their Oils to use in my kitchen.

Adelaide is a coastal City of the State of South Australia. It has the 5th highest population of all the cities. The city was founded by free settlers looking for a new life.

I toured a beautiful art gallery keeping Wake Up and Live company.

AlyCatAuthor wanted to go exploring with me so we grabbed The Wordy Jay and looked up some out of the way places to visit.

After a time spent lost in the Adelaide Botanical Gardens we found our way to the Adelaide Gaol. Fiction writers would love the atmosphere while walking through this jail. There was a real hanging noose displayed. It did not bring good thoughts into my mind. We viewed the hanging tower. The last man to be hanged here was in 1964. Now, the jail is closed. Only opened to tourists. There was lots of history to learn as we wandered through the place reading the posted messages.*Think* To shake the somber thoughts we headed out of Adelaide to visit some of the scenery outside the city.

We stopped at The Whispering Wall. It is an exceptionally long curved reservoir. A person stands on each end of the walkway close to the wall. One person whispers something and the person at the other end who is so far apart you can barely see them can actually hear the whispered words. There is some kind of science involved in the way it is built.*Whistle*

We stopped at the Hahndorf Candle barn where we made our own candles for $12.00 each. It was fun. Mine was green with a gold koala Bear designed in the middle.*Hourglass*

Outside the city in the countryside herds of kangaroo could be seen, from out vehicle, running across the landscape. *Rat*

We went Bushwalking in the Morialta conservation park. Where we viewed some waterfalls, extreme cliffs, and of course, Birds and more local flora and fauna.

At the last place, Autsy Hill Recreation Park we were able to view wild Koalas in the trees. The walking trails take hikers through the local forest and show you the natural beauty of the landscape with some wildlife thrown in as a treat. I’m quite fond of all the walkways built everywhere. The trails and built up walkways are giving us easy walking.

Time to go back to the Hotel for a long rest after a good meal. The food here is excellent. I need sleep.*Sleeping*



Manx Cat from Japan


References:
Adelaide vacation Travel Guide by Expedia / Youtube
Australia Gaol & city Sights by Dean Read / Youtube
Australia-Adelaide-Waterfalls,walks& wildlife by Dean Read/Youtube
www.wikipedia/walking
www.nationaltrust.org/Beaumont House

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898939-Adelaide