*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898996-Port-Augusta
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#898996 added December 4, 2016 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Port Augusta
Day 4/ Port Augusta, Australia



Some of Today’s Breaking News from Australia:

1.Two Buses were destroyed by fire in the Blue Emu Carpark on the edge of Sydney Airport.

2. A Bendigo man from Victoria arrested for drunk driving. He had 4 times the legal limit of Blood alcohol tested.

3. A police officer was injured while rescuing a boat in dangerous conditions, off the South Australian coast near North Haven Marina. A 36-year-old man and a 10-year-old boy were rescued. The officer suffered minor injuries.

Our Trip:

Port Augusta is located on the Upper Spencer Gulf. It is positioned about 45 minutes by airplane from Adelaide. There are approximately 300 days of sunshine a year in the area. The Upper Spencer Gulf supports minerals processing, manufacturing, aquaculture, agriculture, transportation logistics, tourism, and energy regeneration. “The region's tourism and environmental values have been protected by the State Government in its recent victory to prevent the Australian Government Plan for a nuclear waste dump.”

I visited the Curdmatta Art Gallery. I watched a weaver at work at the Gallery. I admire the weavers they have such patience with the threads. Artists can join the gallery and use the spaces for their creative works. It seems like a wonderful place for spinners, weavers, painters, potters and others to pursue their crafts.

The majestic Oasis has a friendly helpful staff. The hotel is within walking distance of many shops plus it fronts on the Gulf. There are places for picnics, beaches for swimming, boating and other recreations. I found a netted court where our group can have volleyball game or basketball.

The botanical gardens were a wonderful place to pursue some birding today. A great place to add bird sightings to my yearly list. The environmental colors here are so vivid.

We stopped at the Tunnel of Time. What a great place to get familiar with the history of the region and Australia in general. There was the most beautiful sunset tonight. I'm looking forward to the car trips.

References:

www.youtube/Wadlata Outback Center Port Augusta South Australia-fossils-Tunnel of Time by Aaron Morgan

www.dptilsa.gov.au

www.news.com.au

Manx Cat from Japan

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898996-Port-Augusta