*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899041
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#899041 added December 5, 2016 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
A 1,000 Days Of Blog City! Journey On!
HAPPY 1,000TH BIRTHDAY BLOG CITY!

Prompt: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

What is your take on this saying? How much importance do you attach to the beginnings and completions of anything?

I started here 15 years ago and I learned how to write, get published, make new friends and earned a lot of Awardicons and Merit badges and I had to take the first step. My house burned down and my husband and I started over and took the first step to get our insurance money and new house. We have been here 16 years ago and it was a journey. It takes 1,000 steps maybe miles to get from here to there. Like my job. I have worked at the same place 31 years. It feels like a thousand miles and a thousand years. You take the first step and just keep going. Sometimes, you have to stop but keep going. Like decorating for Christmas. I had to get my tree and decorations out and it seems like a thousand steps and miles but I love Christmas and it is worth it.

You drive a new car and put on miles and they add up but you are going to work, trying to make a living, do errands, maybe make a difference to drive to help friends, save animals, get published, relax at Barnes and Nobles, go to church, pray, enjoy life and you want to complete things in your life. Like finishing a book. It takes steps and it may seem like a 1,000 miles.

If I was walking around the world, I would have to use a ship for the waters I cross but I have to walk the first step and walk more after I get where I want to go.

Like Blogging here. I didn't start with Day 1 but I signed up later and I don't write in here every day but I do 5 to 6 days a week and well, I am doing day 1000! That says a lot! Great Prompt, Joy! May we have a 1,000 more and more achievements in our life! To quote from "Bill And Ted": "Party On, Dudes!" I say: "Journey On, Everyone!"

A beautiful woman and white wolves.

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899041