*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899062-Outback-Travel-and-Camping
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#899062 added December 5, 2016 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
Outback Travel and Camping
12/05/2016 Lake Eyre National Park/ South Australia / Tiari Desert

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Traveling with you in Europe was so much fun, hope you join us again next August! Until then, we hope all your blogging experiences inspire you equally as much!

Lyn and Norb


How do you travel light in the outback of Australia? The friendly people in Port Augusta gave me a pamphlet to read about what to carry. Now our van carries extra tires and wheels on the luggage rack, extra water and proper radios between vans, so we can keep contact. Also, I read how to travel through sand if where we travel requires us to drive near dunes. I read up on these things because I did not know exactly where we would be moving about. Some of the things I heard, came from the people who provided our first aide kits, from St. John’s ambulance service, which I stocked in each van. You will find food boxes in the vans of non-perishable food. There is no mobile phone coverage in the park. No firewood can be used and other fires must be used only when it is permitted in the camping areas. Only liquid fuel or gas stoves can be used.

Lake Eyre is a flooded lake between two deserts. There is an agreement for conservation between the Aborigine people and the governmental conservation programs, to continue to build up the area for the conservation good. I’m just giving you an overview of what I have read and listened too as I researched the trip.

Atticus Fleming, a wildlife conservationist, explains that Australia is “the epicenter of global extinction”. Lake Eyre is one of the “take action” fronts of the Australian conservationist movement. Since, the flooding of Lake Eyre, wildlife has begun to come back into the area by leaps and bounds. In order to give the area back to wildlife, many other creatures had to be removed, such as cattle and cats.

The earth is experiencing the largest global extinction known to man. Conservationist all over the planet are taking steps to make sure wildlife has the habitat it needs to survive. Humans cannot survive without sharing the planet with wildlife.

References:

Channel Seven’s-Sunday Night / Youtube / wildlife matters

www.park.gov.au (if this isn’t right you can look it up on google it is the park website for Australian Government.) On this website it is not listed as Lake Eyre National Park it is listed under the aboriginal name of the deserts.

Youtube/ by Rishike Jenaki (these references may not be complete because I am hurrying this morning.)

Happy Camping. Watch out for poisonous wildlife. *Laugh* No Pets allowed in the park.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899062-Outback-Travel-and-Camping