*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899165-THE-LITTLE-FOXES-SPOIL-THE-VINE---December-6
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#899165 added December 6, 2016 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
THE LITTLE FOXES SPOIL THE VINE - December 6

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes. ~Song of Solomon 2:15.

We are the vine, He is the branches. Apart from Him, we can do nothing. (See John 15:5.)

It's the little "untended/unaddressed" sins, that spoil the vines. We may be almost fully submitted to God, but it is the little sins that we seem to hold onto that spoil the vine, so to speak.

I'm speaking for myself... More often than I'd like to admit, I want to "defend myself/defend my territory" and this repeatedly gets me into trouble---if nothing else, it causes me to feel defeated. They say a lawyer who defends himself has a fool for a lawyer... and so it is with us. Though we may be wise, we become fools when we stoop to self-defense. Jesus is our defense.

Jesus says: "…But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well; and if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two.…" ~Matthew 5:39-41 (That's true humility... my aim.)

I have come to believe that these "little" testings are testing my faith; and more often than not, I fail these little tests. It seems there is a root of pride in there that my soul is not yet ready to let go of...

Well, today's the day. I speak to that "little fox" of pride and I take authority over it. In the future, I will walk in faith and not pride by the grace of God. I cast out that little fox of pride and take authority over it in the name of Jesus. "Where I am weak, He is strong." (See 2 Corinthians 12:10.)

"Its His kindness that leads us to repentance." (See Romans 2:4.)

Thank you, Lord, for your loving-kindness and patience toward me. Amen.

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899165-THE-LITTLE-FOXES-SPOIL-THE-VINE---December-6