*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899300-JOY---December-8
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#899300 added December 8, 2016 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
JOY - December 8

Part of the fruit of God's spirit----which is the evidence of Him in us----is joy... And this is a time of year when we experience great joy and rejoicing. People take on a jubilant nature every Christmas season that is not so prevalent at any other time of year. Generally, this is also a time of giving and receiving.

Historically, in pre-New Testament times people wore white garments as an outward expression of inner joy.

In the time of Nehemiah the prophet... the temple was being rebuilt----the people formed two groups and approached the dedication ceremony of the Jerusulem wall, celebrating joyfully with songs of thanksgiving and music of cymbals, harps and lyres and trumpets (not the shofar but long shiny brass trumpets as used in times of war).

Let me digress a little here----praise, rejoicing and worship are an important part of spiritual warfare. I attended a very large church in the mid-90s that was held in a tent. Whenever I was late to service there was like a worship-fog of God's presence that overflowed from the praise and worship into the surrounding parking lots... and as I approached I always felt an urgency to get into the service and take part in the praise and worship.

See Judges 1----when Joshua and the Israelites first went up against the Canaanites, Joshua inquired of the Lord as to who should go up first and the Lord said, "Send Judah first." "Judah" means "praise." At the famous battle of Jericho, the priests blew their ram's horns prior to a great shout by all the people after they all marched around the city once every day for seven days and then seven times on the seventh day... and the walls of the city came tumbling down. (See Joshua Chapters 5 and 6.)

When we, who have been washed in the blood of the lamb, enter the gates of heaven, we will be dressed in white "holiday clothes" and there will be great joy and rejoicing.

But not only in heaven... While we yet walk this earth---in this lifetime---we walk with great joy and jubilation in our hearts because God is with us by the power and presence of His Holy Spirit.

May you walk with God today and be fully aware of His Presence.

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899300-JOY---December-8