*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899668-BC--2016-close-out
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#899668 added December 15, 2016 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
BC: 2016 close out
Prompt: What is the worst thing that happened to you this year? What is the best thing that happened to you this year?

I think there has to be one good thing to a year to balance it all out or otherwise you just want to skip the whole dang thing.
This is the year of too much death, too much sickness, and then looking forward to one little itty bitty new life scheduled to enter this world next week.
How can a heart take such divergent variances in emotion.
Ben died in February
Brian died in February
AJ died in march
Richard died in April
DeGalynn died in May
My boss had a fake TRO dropped on him in June. Brian's heirs demanded that we buy out Brian's portion of the house.

My daughter and her husband brought my husband and me a cake that said 1+1=3 (I did not need an interpreter for that riddle)

My boss was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in August.

September was the gift of Brian's heirs deciding to be assholes and made us hire an attorney to get this house deal finalized.

October the heirs blew another closing date. Finally came up with an agreement and finalized the deal in November. Unfortunately, the boss spent the entire month of November and most of December in the hospital, and what was not in the hospital was in the nursing home.

My nephew and his lover had their baby in November. It is a little boy baby and they gave him a name that only they like. They screwed up the middle name too. If he survives school he will be in entertainment or a professional something.

December so far has been quite awful. Hubby spent 3 days in the hospital for a bronchial infection. This is where I let my red eyes show. The primary doctor was a neurologist who could not get it through her thick head that he was sick not having an MS relapse. So I put on my big girl boots and threatened to talk to my lawyer if he did not have a respiratory doctor in there that day, and I did not care that it was 4:30 on a Saturday night, I would be calling their hospital administrator and my attorney. He had the right doctor up there within the hour and he got the meds he needed and was able to be discharged the next day. I am "borrowing" his meds so that I can get rid of whatever he gave me.

I hope this is gone in time for the birth of my first grandbaby. I hope they do not give her some horrible name that only they like. The way my year is going, that is more than a real possibility. Let's hope that the year closes with this as the high note.

Merry Christmas and I hope your year was better than mine.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899668-BC--2016-close-out