*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899910-Canberra
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#899910 added December 19, 2016 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
Canberra
This book is a Hoot!

I definitely spent a lot of time visiting the Taronga Zoo. Blue Moon had to drag me away so I did not miss the ride to Canberra. This was the meat of the journey.

I spent quite a bit of time in the Parliment. I looked up their constitution so I could get an understanding of the way the governing bodies coincide. Did you know that Australia is its own country? I needed to understand the reference I see every now and then, to the Queen. The government is set up to recognize Queen Victoria and her descendants. The government makes all it's own decisions, as a country. The Queen is now only a figure who makes decisions that are recommended by the Australian Governing body. It is kind of nice to understand the way other governments are set up.

The library visit was not long enough. I need a year to spend in some of the places I visited in Australia. The library is in the process of being digitized. They have maps, books, manuscripts and music being saved on digital media, extending from the 11th century to the present time. The library has a published, "Guide to the Collections" by C.A. Burmester. The guide tells people about all the collections in the library. You can find the collections on-line. I did not look very far at them because the pages kept going beyond the number nine.

Music Link I found in my travels: https://youtu.be/PKUuMLAgXBY "Walk Off The Earth"

*Tree2* Merry Christmas

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899910-Canberra