*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900792
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#900792 added January 1, 2017 at 4:23pm
Restrictions: None
Emily Dickinson
Prompt: Lyn says Emily Dickinson says she is a nobody in one of her her poems. Are we a nobody? Did we ever engage with a nobody? She wanted to know our take on this quote.

My mother always told me that other people aren't better then us and we should be all we can be in life and not be high and mighty. In Arkansas, I went to a big school and felt like a nobody. My one friend in my Sophmore year of high school had boyfriends and was a Pom Pom Girl and won the captain title and was in Junior Miss and got to go to the Prom. I was jealous and Dad went to Viet Nam again and we moved back to Indiana and I wanted to be important. I got in Drama Clubs, Plays, won Drama Orientation Contests, became a member of Thespian Society, was a finalist in Miss Indiana Teen-Ager and got to be in Junior Miss, FHA Reporter, won a reward for being the best local high school reporter, got a scholarship to a small college and I wrote my friend in Arkansas about all my achievements. I went to the Prom with a guy from Notre Dame that I knew in Arkansas. I went out with two other guys in school.

In college, I was a reporter for the college paper, did talent contests, part of a Social Group and was invited to be in the Miss Universe Contest! I turned it down. I had a couple of boyfriends. I got a job as a Nurses Aide and went on to get a better Nursing job so I could pass out Meds. Sometimes at my job in mental health, I feel like a nobody because of case managers and other nurses.

I am a published author and I am not famous but have friends at WDC, friends in my life, a good family {minus a lousy 2 aunts and 6 cousins!} and I am spoiled. Nobody. As long as we make a honest living, care about people, animals, try to help others and love God and Jesus, we are all somebody. We are important to some one. We are needed in this world and we do make a difference to some one or your pets. Emily, Dear, we are somebody to somebody and some things. I don't think we have to be in politics or rich to be somebody. Some of these people, I wouldn't want to be! So just be yourself and know you matter. Nobody. Wasn't every body a no body at some point in their life?

** Image ID #2105950 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900792