*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901405
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#901405 added January 6, 2017 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Childhood Fears, Music
Blog City Prompt: Lyn asked us about our childhood fears and visions of the future.

My father went to Viet Nam the first time when I was 8 years old and I worried he wouldn't come back alive. I worried about flunking a grade because if you flunked a grade, other kids made fun of you. My fear once when I was 6 years, my mother had left with a friend to go grocery shopping and another friend was baby sitting me and I thought something happened to Mom and worried who would take care of me. The woman baby sitting me said she would adopt me if that happened. She had 4 kids of her own. The future. I thought I would be a secretary in New York but it didn't happen. A mean friend Debbie said if her mother sued my parents, she would get my Barbie dolls and to a 8 year old girl, your Barbies were everything. Mom says when you sue someone, it is for money and Debbie would never get my Barbies and her mother was nice and had no reason to sue us. Childhood fears can be scary.


BCOF Prompt: Lyn asked when music or a musician bought a town together.

After 9-11, my son, his wife and I went to an Alice Cooper Concert. In the middle of the concert, everyone started yelling "USA! USA!" I never felt so close to my country and Alice got done with his song came out wearing jeans and a sweatshirt with a US flag on it, carrying a flag and sang: "My Country Tis Of The, Sweet Land Of Liberty". It was a beautiful moment.

** Image ID #2107375 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901405