*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901430-Friendly-Competition
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#901430 added January 6, 2017 at 3:48pm
Restrictions: None
Friendly Competition
un Fact Friday! On this day in 1994, figure skater Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the right leg by an assailant at Cobo Arena in Detroit, MI. Four men were later sentenced to prison for the attack, including rival skater Tonya Harding's ex-husband. If you had to resort to some kind of evil shenanigans or trickery in order to increase your chances of winning this blogging challenge, what would be your plan of attack? Have some fun with this! *Smile*


A signature owl


I really enjoy the camping trips I've participated in with the 30-day challenge. I enjoy the challenge of everyday blogging. But, I don't really do it to win. For some people, this answer won't be enough. I've received anonymous gifts, awards, and badges that make me joyous. The Storymistress and Storymaster send me calendars on my birthday and holiday wishes. These small things help me know what I write is not totally lost in the volumes of written words piling up on the earth every day. I am exceedingly grateful for all the overwhelming notice, that I receive here at *WDC*

I am also grateful for the occasional corrections to my grammar. I know a lot about grammar. It was one of my favorite subjects in high school. "Words are Pegs to Hang Ideas On."

But, I have a bad habit of ignoring the subject and just writing something down without the follow-up of good editing. My Journalism teacher threatened to throw me out of class if I did not properly edit my works and for whispering to the girl next to me who needed help with her computer research. *Rolling* I was 59 years old. She was 18.

I'm constantly removing myself from psychological attacks perpetrated by relatives and acquaintances. If I did something unorthodox to anyone it would be on the spur of the moment without thought. Over the last 50 or so years, I have spent a lot of time researching and eliminating all kinds of trickery from my thoughts. So, I can think of ways to make life easier for the creatures around me. I've been called "Tweety Bird" and "Pipi Longstocking" more than once. *Laugh*

I think it gives the judges a feeling of accomplishment when they award a prize. So, I am happy with whatever decision they make. Honestly, it is a psychological fact that the wrong kind of competition can cause wars.

Right now I'm about to turn 72 years old. We have only had one day and a few hours of sunshine in about the last two weeks. So, I'm slightly suffering from light deprivation. It makes me sleepy plus the cold gives me a hibernation urge.
I don't have any scientist or Doctor to consult, but I have begun to believe I have these winter problems because I was born in Florida and spent the first 3 years of my life there. While I lived in Texas I was alert all year round.

So, I say if it means a lot for you to win this go for it, but don't do something you will regret to someone else just to get a prize. Write well, write on, someone will notice!


Fairy playing a flute



© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901430-Friendly-Competition