*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901750-Moving-forward
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#901750 added January 9, 2017 at 5:59pm
Restrictions: None
Moving forward
Late actor Bob Denver (known for playing Gilligan on the tv show Gilligan's Island ), who would've celebrated his 82nd birthday today, once said, "You know, I have no worst experiences." What do you think? When have you had to turn a potential "worst experience" into something positive?


Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !

I was on my way to school. I had an exam to take. A very large tonnage truck came down the road with a long heavy trailer on the back. It was the road we live on. It is 2 lane dirt. When the driver saw me he moved into my lane and gunned his engine. I was driving a Suzuki Sidekick. I threw the car into 4 wheel drive and aimed for the ditch. The truck swerved back onto his own side of the road at the last moment. I was off the road stopped with The left wheels in the ditch and the right wheels on the property on the other side of the ditch. The truck stopped about a quarter of a mile down the road and sat there with its engine running. I called home and talked to my family while I was backing out onto the road. Then, I checked out the car and continued my journey to school. I made it to class just before the class started took the exam and passed it. This happened in maybe 2004. I know who the driver is now. It could have been worse. When I backed out of the ditch onto the road the truck took off. This is so rural if I had called the State Police they would not have arrived for an hour or more. More important to me was to make it to the class and later to find out the why. I do know more about the why's for this kind of stunt. This is just one incident. I know if I ever write my life story it will be a best seller.

We all have freedom to choose how to use whatever friends may tell us about someone they don't like.

Oh Well. Drive on.

Fairy playing a flute

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901750-Moving-forward