*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902598-Outside
by QPdoll
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2109246
Short Stories, poems, and other writings.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#902598 added January 18, 2017 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Outside
"My you are a busy little thing this morning."

"It's really small in here."

"I know, but it's not quite time for you to be with us yet."

"What will it be like, Mommy?"

"You mean on the outside?"

"Yes. I'm scared. How will I get to the outside, Mommy?"

"It's okay to be scared. I'm a little scared too."

"What are you scared about? You're already on the outside."

"It's a tough road to get you out of there. You'll have to help me."

"How can I help, Mommy?"

"Well, you can make sure that you're turned the right way. You have to kind of stand on your head and push hard because you have to squeeze through a small canal to get to the outside."

"Okay. I'll try really hard. Do I do that now because it's really hard to move around in here?"

"No, no. It's not time for you to come outside yet. We have about four more weeks but I feel you moving around all the time and I know that you're almost ready."

"Will Daddy be there?"

"Yes, your Daddy will be there. He wouldn't miss it for the world and will help us."

"How will Daddy help us?"

"Well, he will hold Mommy's hand while I am trying to push you into the outside."

"Will I be able to breath on the outside?"

"Yes honey, you'll be able to breath. It will be very different from the inside though."

"Is there lots of water on the outside?"

"No, we don't swim in water like you do. Actually it's called amniotic fluid, not water."

"Why don't you swim in fluid? It's really warm in here. Sometimes it gets really hot but it feels good."

"That fluid keeps you from drying up. You'll be a wet, beautiful little baby when out get outside."

"Am I a boy or a girl, Mommy?"

"We'll have to see when you get here. There will be other people waiting for you."

"Who will be waiting?"

"Your grandparents, Mommy's Mommy and Daddy."

"Does Daddy have a Mommy and Daddy too?"

"Yes, he did. They're both in Heaven right now but I'm sure they know all about you and can't wait for you to be with us on the outside."

"What's Heaven, Mommy? Is there fluid in Heaven, too?"

"No, there's not fluid in Heaven, baby. Heaven is a place where people go when they don't live on the outside any more. They've done whatever job it was that God put them here to do."

"Do I have a job, Mommy?"

"Yes, you do have a job. Your job is to stay in the fluid a little while longer and then help me bring you into the outside."

"I'm getting sleepy Mommy."

"Go to sleep now, little one. Mommy wants to rest, too."

"Okay. But I won't be able to sleep for very long."

"I know, sweet one. I know all too well. I love you."

"I love you too, Mommy."











© Copyright 2017 QPdoll (UN: eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QPdoll has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902598-Outside