*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902639-Happiness
by QPdoll
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2109246
Short Stories, poems, and other writings.
#902639 added January 19, 2017 at 7:11am
Restrictions: None
Happiness

Vanessa was hopping up and down like she had to use the restroom when I pulled into the school parking lot to pick her up. She was so excited she could barely breath enough to tell me what had her all flustered. She bounced around in her seat so much she could hardly buckle the seat belt.

Finally she unzipped her backpack, pulled out her folder and whipped out a piece of paper. She was swinging it from side to side so quickly I couldn't make out anything other than it was her report card.

"Look at it mom. Look at it!" she screamed

"Okay. Okay. Calm down. You have to let me see it," I said as I ripped it out of her hand.

"Look, mom, look!"

"I'm looking! I'm looking." I perused the card and noticed straight A's. "I'm so proud of you!" I leaned over and gave her a big squeeze.

"Can you believe it! I got all A's!"

"Yes, I can believe it. You have worked so hard. I'm excited for you. How about ice cream?"

"But supper's not for a few more hours." she said questioningly.

"It'll be our after school celebration."

"Thanks, mom. You're the best."

"No I'm not. You're the one with the straight A report card."








© Copyright 2017 QPdoll (UN: eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QPdoll has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902639-Happiness