*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902765-Rollercoasters-and-Recreation
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#902765 added January 20, 2017 at 4:07pm
Restrictions: None
Rollercoasters and Recreation
On this day in 1885, the roller coaster was patented by L.A. Thompson. Tell us about a time you visited an amusement park.


Owl with signature *DragonflyR*

I have not been in an amusement park since I was a school student. Our school bus driver took us to an amusement park at the end of the school year. As I recall we had a good time riding the roller coaster and bumper cars.

I have a picture album of Fairy Land forest. It was outside a local amusement park. It had a real bear. There was a can on a rope that lead to a high platform. If you put bear pellets in the can the bear would climb up onto the platform and pull the can up to the platform and eat the treats. My aunt and uncle took me there. I have pictures of the whole forest. There were a lot of little houses and other things depicting Mother Goose Rhymes.

I took my own children to Niagara Falls, once to an animal park, and some camp outs but never an amusement park.

More than amusement parks I spent time at fairs, which have Ferris wheels and other transportable rides. I used to like Ferris wheels but I avoid all such rides now. Just not my thing any more.

I Go to the fairs to watch the trotters every year though. There is a day for the elderly. Watching the races is free. K and I like to compete against betting on the winners. I win a lot. *Laugh* Horses are my thing. Cars are his. I usually can't tell you what make a car is when it drives by. I like to take pictures of the license plates though. *Laugh*

I have a CD game of Roller Coaster which I enjoy because I can build my own roller coasters and rides. *Wink*


The worst thing about a roller coaster is the down part of an up hill. *CarG*

I watched the whole YouTube that someone posted about the roller-coaster ride in Australia. It was fun to experience it on my computer screen in full screen mode. Better than real life. I did not experience vertigo. *Laugh* Also started and stopped when ever I wanted.

Happy Trails This was done for Reeling in your readers character

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902765-Rollercoasters-and-Recreation