*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902839
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#902839 added January 21, 2017 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
Promptly Potter Quotes Story/Poem Challenge Day 21
Prompt: "Bless them, they'll go to any lengths to avoid magic even if it's staring them in the face."

Julie couldn't believe what her father was saying. He told her she had to marry Lord Menford and he was fifty years older then her. She wanted to marry for love. Her father said if she didn't marry him, she would be banished from the kingdom and he didn't care where she ended up.

Julie ran to the woods to see Hilda, the witch. Hilda was surprised to see the Princess. She was standing outside her cottage which looked spooky.

"What do I owe the honor, your highness?" Hilda curtsied.

"I need your help, Hilda. My father wants me to marry Lord Menford and if I don't, he won't banish me to the woods. I can't live on my own. Can you use your magic to help me?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Turn father into something. Change him into an animal. Anything. I don't care."

"Come with me."

Julie went inside the cottage with Hilda and there was a black cat, a big jar of bat wings,candles burning, newts running around and everything was black and purple. There was a big cauldron and well with fire. The house looked looked dark. Hilda always wore black and purple and she matched the inside of her cottage.

"So what do we change him into?"

"A cute little ferret?"

"You like ferrets, Princess?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you have any item of your father with you?"

Julie pulled out a ruby ring. She had taken it out of her father's room this morning.

"Perfect." Hilda took the ring and smiled.

Hilda got out a cauldron and filled it with water, put the cauldron over the fire pit. She got out bat wings, a black apple, the king's ring, some blood out of a bottle and chanted a spell.

"Change the king into a ferret!
Stew the brew and cast my spell.
Thunder, lightning, winds from Hades!
Make the spell work right now!
Bless them, they'll go to any lengths
to ignore magic, even if it's staring
them in the face!"

The next thing, Julie knew the wind blew and it was dark and she was holding a ferret!

"Father?"

The ferret chirped and gave her a dirty look.

"Will he harm me?" Julie asked.

"No. He can't talk. He might nip at you. Take him home or do what you want with him. I cast your spell. You are free, your Highness."

Julie thanked Hilda and went back to the castle through the servant's quarters carrying her father the ferret. She hid him in a secret closet in her room. She went downstairs and everyone was upset because the King was missing.

"Father is missing?" Julie asked.

"Yes. He went to his room and didn't come back. The guards are searching for him and so are the knights." Her mother said and hugged Julie.

Everyone searched for days and of course, they didn't find the King. Julie's brother become King and Julie later married a Knight she had fallen in love with . Julie took care of the ferret and of course no one knew it was her father. She and her knight lived happily ever after. Ferrets don't live a long time but Julie had him for nine years. She loved her ferret "Father" but she couldn't marry that Lord and luckily her brother didn't force her to. Life was good.

** Image ID #1728091 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902839