*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903192-Spinning-Plates----Aaarrgghh
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2049546
My first blog
#903192 added January 26, 2017 at 6:09am
Restrictions: None
Spinning Plates . . . Aaarrgghh!
Plug time! What are some of the WDC events you'll be taking part in during the month of February?

Well now . . . I've just had a look and I have lots of things happening in February. I was, actually, wondering if we could give the month, like, ten extra days this year? That should give me time to achieve everything I want.

Firstly, most importantly, and most time consumingly, there is the Comma Sense Class with New Horizons. Oh my word. This class is kicking my butt! It's the most difficult class I've taken since I left school. It's way harder than my degree in Literature. This class continues through February, so I will be spending a lot of time with that.

As I am a future Rising Star, there are certain activities we are asked to take part in. So at the beginning of February, there is "The Dialogue 500. I've entered that this month, and I like writing dialogue, so that should be fun. Also, and this is the one I'm looking forward to, GabriellaR45 has created a Musical Challenge. We have to write about six songs/pieces of music that mean something to us. This is exactly the kind of challenge I love. So I'm really looking forward to that. At the end of February, there is a Poetry Slam through Rising Stars, which I'm also looking forward to. I've never done anything like that before, so I'm eager to see how it works. Then there is the outside publishing challenge. We are to send items to outside publishers, up to a maximum of four items. I have some work to do before I am happy to send any of mine, but I aim to send a minimum of two.

I am taking place in "I Write in December-January-February at the moment. The challenge is to enter a competition every week, and also review the entry before yours in the I Write Forum. I haven't missed a single week yet, so I'm determined to to keep up through February.

I help to judge the "No Dialogue Contest-CLOSED every month with my good friend, Elizabeth. I love this contest. I encourage everyone to take a look! That is one of my first jobs every month.

Now. Last year, I ran the "Mad Hatter's Tea Party in March. I aim to run this again this year. So I will have a lot of organising (and asking for donations of packages) to do in February. (I'm open to offers of packages right now, by the way *Wink*.) This year, the proceeds will be split four ways: 25% will be attached to one package, and the winner of that package will receive it, 25% to WDC Power Reviewers, 25% to Newbies Academy Group, and 25% to Paper Doll Gang. I'm really excited about this.

I also have my usual tasks to complete. So, crediting Power Reviewers and running the "Invalid Item.

My head's kind of spinning just thinking about all of this. I sense a fair amount of stress taking place in my household. Oh, that reminds me. It's David's birthday next month. I guess I'd better find him a present and arrange something nice for him!

© Copyright 2017 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (UN: purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Choconut ~ House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903192-Spinning-Plates----Aaarrgghh