*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903837
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#903837 added February 3, 2017 at 4:02am
Restrictions: None
F-3 Words-150
and pantomime, till our sides ached. It seemed as if he carried a bag of jokes wherever he went. He gave us things like toffees with toasted almonds in them, fresh cashew nuts, groundnuts, pieces of sugar cane to chew on, and suck in the sweetest of juices I ever tasted. I clearly recall delights like raw mangoes, which we used to slice into thin slivers, dip in salt and spice or sauce, and eat with gusto.
Going to grandparents’ village for summer vacation was like a beautiful dream. It was like going on a long excursion. It took our families by which, I mean the families of uncle John’s two sisters and those of his brothers, Jeremiah and Rod, six hours by train to reach my grandparents’ village. The train journeys were interesting as well. We found different stations and different people entertaining and interesting. It was picnic like.



© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903837