*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904205
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904205 added October 26, 2017 at 8:16am
Restrictions: None
F-8 Words-275
Differences of opinion regarding money and property could deal a great blow to fidelity.

I kept in touch with uncle John either by visiting him during holidays or writing to him. At that point of time I was living in a one bed-room apartment which, I thought was conveniently situated in the city. My firm was at a walking distance away. Theaters, pubs, banks and malls were all within ten minutes proximity. Uncle John used to come to my place if he had bank transaction, or just to visit an old friend or buy some utility stuff for himself or for his staff. I remember with gratitude that he paid my tuition fee while I was in college and took care of small things mother needed. She had two jobs combined in a day. From nine am to two pm she worked as a seamstress at a reputed tailoring shop. From four pm to nine pm she was sales assistant at a clothier’s. She could barely make both ends meet. Life in the city was costlier than that of a small town. I observed that many people preferred to live in a city rather than a village. The reasons could be that living in a city gives you the taste of a rush and a quick rhythm to life which was glaringly absent in a small town or a village. Comparatively, life in my grandpa’s town wasn’t without its dull points.
After a visit to us, uncle John would go to his other sister Sarah’s place and stay overnight spending some time with her and her handicapped son Jonathan. He was actually her stepson, but the love
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904205